Deadline to apply: March 4, 2021 at noon (12:00pm)
TransSask is looking for a highly motivated and experienced researcher to assist in carrying out a one-year province-wide research project around the health, well-being, and advocacy needs of trans, Two Spirit, non-binary, and gender diverse people across Saskatchewan.
Hours: Part-time, 25 hours/week
Compensation: $31,200 annual salary ($24/hour)
Term: March 15, 2021 – March 31, 2022
Download full posting here: Research Assistant – Posting
- Support the planning and development of a province-wide research project on the health, well-being, and advocacy needs of gender diverse people across Saskatchewan, including:
- Literature Review: Conducting a comprehensive literature review and environmental scan.
- Ethics Application: Preparing an ethics application to submit to the review board of the University of Saskatchewan.
- Research Methods: Developing research tools and methods and carrying out the research plan, including surveys, interviews, and focus groups (as determined by the Research Advisory Committee).
- Knowledge Mobilization: Compiling and analyzing data, and developing final reports and other research outputs including knowledge mobilization activities.
- Preparing monthly progress reports and attending Research Advisory Committee meetings.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong and comprehensive understanding of trans, non-binary, Two Spirit, and gender diverse communities, people, and issues including lived experience.
- Two to four years of experience in a research capacity and an undergraduate degree in a relevant field.
- Skilled in carrying out institutional, academic, or community-based research project design and execution.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Expert skills in word, powerpoint, google drive, zoom, and online databases.
- Experience with data-collection and analysis software is an asset.
Working Conditions: This is a provincial position which will primarily work from home until Covid-19 guidelines reflect otherwise. Positions may include some evening and weekend work.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Detailed cover letter indicating why you are the best candidate for the position (applicants that do not include a cover letter will not be considered). Please indicate if you are Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada. TransSask is committed to providing any accommodations needed for candidates in the hiring process and throughout employment. We will prioritize applicants that are diverse in gender, sexuality, culture, and race, and encourage candidates to self-identify in their cover letter if they so choose.
- Resume highlighting relevant education and work experience.
- Contact information for two references who can speak to your research experience.
- Please ensure that your first and last name are in the file name of any documents you send (ex: Jenn Bergen – Resume – Feb 2021).
Interviews will take place remotely the week of March 8-12, 2021. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline: March 4, 2021 at noon (12:00pm)