Deadline to apply: March 4, 2021 at noon (12:00pm)
TransSask is looking for a dynamic and innovative individual to fill a one year term position as the Outreach & Events Coordinator. This position is responsible for facilitating TransSask’s outreach to individuals, organizations, and stakeholders, and for coordinating events for TransSask Support Services on a provincial scale. The position will coordinate and manage two provincial conferences (may be online due to Covid-19 guidelines), prepare an outreach and engagement plan, and support the TransSask Research Assistant in carrying out province-wide research and advocacy planning.
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours/week
Compensation: $46,800 annual salary ($24/hour)
Term: March 15, 2021 – March 31, 2022
Download full posting here: Outreach & Events Coordinator – Posting
- Event Planning & Coordination: Plan and host two province-wide conferences and two board outreach events, (and other events as needed) for trans, non-binary, Two Spirit, and gender diverse people in Saskatchewan
- Outreach and Engagement: Develop an organizational plan for outreach and engagement throughout the project, and carry out outreach and engagement activities as determined by strategic planning processes
- Grant Reporting and Fund Development: Write funding proposals and complete tasks related to organizational funding development and financial sustainability, support and sustain fund development initiatives
- Partnership Development: Create partnerships with other organizations and individuals to advance the project-specific and long-term goals of TransSask
- Member Engagement: Support networking, relationship building, and engagement activities with individuals and organizations, liaising with membership as needed
- Monthly record-keeping and reporting
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong and comprehensive understanding of trans, non-binary, Two Spirit, and gender diverse communities, people, and issues including lived experience
- Significant experience with conference and event planning and management, partnership building and fund development
- Knowledge of anti-racism and anti-oppressive practices and principles
- Two to four years experience in a related position and an undergraduate degree in a related field. Note that equivalent combinations of experience and education may be considered
- Experience with institutional, academic, or community-based research projects will be considered an asset
- Strong communication skills, including with social media platforms and website management systems, and office software and programs (word, powerpoint, excel)
- Valid driver’s license
Working Conditions: This is a provincial position which will primarily work from home until Covid-19 guidelines reflect otherwise. The position may include some evening and weekend work.
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Detailed cover letter (applicants that do not include a cover letter will not be considered) describing why you are the best candidate for the position. Please indicate if you are Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada. TransSask is committed to providing any accommodations needed for candidates in the hiring process and throughout employment. We will prioritize applicants that are diverse in gender, sexuality, culture, and race, and encourage individuals to self-identify in their cover letter if they so choose. Please also indicate if you would be willing to be considered for any of the other TransSask job postings and/or board positions.
- Resume highlighting relevant education and work experience.
- Contact information for two references.
- Please ensure that your first and last name are in the file name of any documents you send (ex: Jenn Bergen – Resume – Feb 2021).
Interviews will take place remotely the week of March 8-12, 2021. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline: March 4, 2021 at noon (12:00pm)