Job Title: Group Facilitator
Contract Value: $1260 ($18/hr, 2hrs/wk, 35wks)
Location: Prince Albert & Moose Jaw.
Reporting: Position will report to the Support Coordinator.
Apply By: Apr 8, 2019.
We are looking to hire individuals living in Prince Albert and Moose Jaw to partake in TransSask’s pilot program TransConnect: Social Supports for Trans Communities in Saskatchewan, as in-person peer-support Group Facilitators. Those hired will work closely with our Support Coordinator to plan, organize, schedule, and run a weekly group meeting for trans and gender diverse folks in their community.
– Schedule weekly group meetings in a safe, accessible, local location.
– Check and respond to emails about the support group in a timely manner.
– Communicate with TransSask’s Support Coordinator to advertise and budget for your local group.
– Report meeting attendance to Support Coordinator.
Qualifications / Assets
There are no concrete requirements for these roles, however we consider the following to be desirable assets:
– Lived experience of transgender and/or gender diverse experience(s);
– Extensive knowledge of trans and gender diverse identities;
– Extensive knowledge of current issues facing transgender and gender diverse communities and people in Saskatchewan;
– Experience working with transgender, gender diverse, and other marginalized communities;
– Experience facilitating support or social groups in the past;
– Knowledge of the process around accessing transgender and transition related care in Saskatchewan;
– Organizational skills;
– Able to work effectively with a team, and alone; and
– Knowledge of Google Products (Gmail, Google Documents, etc)
We recognize the importance of hiring people with marginalized identities, and we invite you to disclose any lived experiences with: transphobia, transmisogyny, homophobia, racism, ableism, fatphobia/sizeism, colonialism, classism, whorephobia, Islamophobia or other forms of institutional violence.
Please send a cover letter of interest introducing yourself and explaining why you feel that you would be a good support group facilitator to Mx Nillin, Support Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) before April 8th, 2019, at 11:59 PM.
Your application should indicate your experience working with transgender and gender diverse people and communities, as well as any relevant experience with group, committee, or event organization.